What is Copaiba essential oil and why you will need to have it in your essential oil collection immediately or on your wishlist!
If you follow me, you will already know I am an Essential Oil Addict. I have been using essential oils for a long time but really got to grips with them almost 5 years.
Copaiba became a firm favourite almost as soon as I started to use it. I got the best nights sleep ever after diffusing it in my sleep blend next to my bed. doTERRA’s Copaiba essential oil is responsibly and sustainably sourced from the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The process of harvesting the Copaiba oleoresin is similar to how one would tap a maple tree. A harvester will look for healthy Copaiba trees that have large diameter trunks. They then drill a small hole approximately three feet from the ground. Once the hole has been drilled, the sawdust is cleaned away and the oleoresin collector is put into the hole. Once the oleoresin has been collected from the initial tap, a plug is inserted into the hole and the harvester will return to the tree every few weeks to collect additional oleoresin while the tree continues to live, thrive and grow. So without returning to school and studying physiology I will briefly give you some insight into Copaiba from the essential oil expert, Dr. David Hill. In order to fully understand how Copaiba affects your body you first need to have a basic understanding on the endocannabinoid system. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body, brain tissue, and organs. The primary focus of these receptors is to help the body achieve and maintain homeostasis (balance within the body).
The Endocannabinoid system is critical for several components of your health and functions through the Cannabinoid Receptors (CB). There are 2 CB receptors in the human body, CB1 and CB2. CB1 affects the brain and the central nervous system, including thermal regulation, energy, and appetite. For example, you may have heard a lot of research about marijuana and its impact on ocular health, which happens through interaction with the CB1 receptor in the central nervous system.
CB2 receptors have a reach that’s outside the central nervous system and primarily impact the Endocrine system, including the glandular system within the body and the body’s immune system. These are very targeted and very direct outcomes.
Stimulating the CB2 receptors means that the body is under protection. As a result, the body is much less likely to damage tissues and experiences faster tissue recovery.
So lets firstly look at Cannabinoids! They are chemical compounds and they can affect one or both cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2 receptors) in the body. Equally some cannabinoids are legal such as CBD and those found in essential oils and others like THC from Cannabis and Marijuana are not unless of course you can be prescribed Medicinal Marijuana.
The Three Types of Cannabinoids
The three types of Cannabinoids are CBD, THC and BCP I have already written a blog post that covers the differences in the different types which you can find here
So now we have covered the in’s and out’s of Copaiba and the Endocannabinoid System lets look at ways to incorporate this oil into your daily life
There are hundreds of uses for each essential oil and Copaiba is no different. I want to focus on 7 of my favourite uses for Copaiba Essential Oil that me and my family use it for on a regular daily basis
- Sleep - Did I say sleep?! I forgot to mention the best sleep the deepest sleep I have ever experienced no more waking to the little noises in the night Copaiba knocks me out into a deep deep sleep. I diffuse with Peace or Lavender Peace blend in a diffuser by all of our beds at night
- ODD - Yes my daughter has severe defiance and since we started to diffuse this amazing oil at night her defiance has disappeared. She is able to focus and listen more easily and instead of growling No at me she just does as she is asked. Hard to believe I know but seriously life changing for us
- PANDAS - My son has Paediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychotic Disorder Associated with Strep and we have found taking the Copaiba internally once a day in either a veggie capsule or a Copaiba capsule as sold by doTERRA we have been able to keep the strep overgrowth at bay and stopped his PANDAS from flaring for the last 6 months
- Aches and Pains - Apply topically with carrier oil and apply to the area of pain to get almost instant relief
- Skin issues - Applying topically with a carrier oil such as FCO to the area of skin affected including but not limited to Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Digestive support applying topically with FCO on the tummy or taking a drop internally can help support the digestive tract and ease symptoms
- Oral Health Support it has be proven in a study showed that Copaiba Essential Oil was a bacteriostatic agent when used against Streptococcus mutans, a bacteria commonly found in the human mouth that is a significant contributor to tooth decay. I like to add a drop to a tablespoon of my kitchen coconut oil and use it for oil pulling.
Not only is Copaiba highly effective, it is also very affordable. A 15ml bottle contains approximately 250 drops of essential oil and is $69 retail or $52 wholesale. The wholesale price is equivalent to 21 cents per drop!! You only need 1 drop per application to get amazing results so it makes this bottle extremely affordable.
You can purchase retail here or save 25% on all of your purchases from doTERRA by becoming a wholesale customer. Wholesale pricing is available to all with no minimums order or monthly requirements.
doTERRA's wholesale program provides amazing discounts and other exclusive benefits. Fill out the info below, and I'll send you everything you need to gain access to these great deals!
Let me know what your Essential Oil interests are (check all that apply)